500 Hours Yoga teacher training Program
Yoga Alliance Certified
300 Hours of Advanced Education towards a RYT 500 Certification
How to become a RYT 500 Teacher?
In order to gain a RYT 500 Teacher Training credential, it is important to understand the process. Yoga Alliance requires that a 200-hour training program is completed first with a Registered Yoga School(RYS200). From here an additional 300 hours of training must be studied with either the same RYS or a different school with a registered 300 Hour program.
The Yoga People have created a system of 3 programs, each of 100 hours that can be taken in any order, location and in your own timeframe. The Yoga People Advanced Education consists of:
Module 1: The Art of Vinyasa by exploring Advanced Ashtanga.
- A Challenging training using Progressive Ashtanga sequences which incorporate postures and transitions of the 1st, 2nd & 3rd series.
- Sequences & techniques, influenced by Rocket and Tripsichore.
- Advanced traditional tools & techniques looked at in unprecedented depth.
- Teachers will learn how to create endless Vinyasa sequences with creativity, intelligence, format and structure.
- The theoretical part of the course will consist of analysis of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
Module 2: The Art of Vinyasa Influenced by Tripsichore& Mandala
- A deep understanding of Advanced Vinyasa Flow through continued breath and movement, using the aspects of Tripsichore methodology. The warm up as well as the Standing Series will be based on the first 5 different types of Sun Salutes of this discipline.
- We will also explore Vinyasa through Mandala flow, where the movement will be based on circular patterns, an exploration of connectivity and experience of the practice from different perspectives.
Vignettes of poses will be analyzed from the most simple to more complex choreography, allowing the practitioner to understand the progression of the asanas in an organic way.
The practice will be grounding and opening but will have peak moments of handstands and arm balances included, along with appropriate variations.
The practice will be the traditional vinyasa breath linked with movement but will also compatibly incorporate Yin Target Area methodology related to Toaist meridian and chakra philosophy.
- The theoretical part of the course will consist of the ancient teachings from philosophers such as Plato, Patanjali& Buddha.
- The integration of the energetic body will consist of Karma Theory as well as Chakra introspection through meditation, anatomy (meridian philosophy) and related samskaras.
Module 3: Yin: the journey from Anatomy to Meditation.
- During this ten day course, we will have a morning session of 2 hours, where will explore the 20 Yin basic poses. Also we will have an afternoon session where the focus will be: Meditation & Pranayama
- The breakdown of the subjects of this course will be: The Anatomy of Yin as Methodology, The Practical Aspects of the Practice, Yin as a Bridge to Meditation, The Soft Edge Approach to Yin, Target Area Approach/ Functionality of a Posture, The Students Process of Learning, The Theory of Exercise, Communication Skills and Emphasis, Yin As Viewed By Other Yoga Practitioners, Yin For Limited Abilities & Considerations, The Less is More Approach of Yin Yoga, Yin Yoga for Recovering from Injury, Principles of Demonstrating Yin Postures, Range of Motion Comparisons/ Skeletal Variations, Principles of Observing, Principles of Assisting and Correcting in Yin Yoga, Alignment Vs. Target Area & Teaching Yin as a Business.
- The Yin approach will be also related and mirrored into a Yang Practice in order to create a safer, more aware and balanced practice
Vikasa Yoga in Koh Samui, Thailand is a boutique yoga retreat and healthy food organic restaurant, created by a team of professionals with the intention of raising human consciousness, spreading the message of love and peace, and making the world a better place. Although this might be hard to believe, we are the only open-air (and sea view, too) yoga studio in Koh Samui at the moment, located on the most beautiful part of Samui, situated on the rocks, between Chaweng and Lamai.
It’s paradise awaiting you!
DELUXE OCEAN ROOM: early bird price 6700 US$ (full price 7500 USD)
King size bed; Ensuited bathroom; Air conditioning; Spacious bath- room with shower; Electricity
220 V; Hot running water; Refrigerator; Make up table; Toilet amenities; Balcony; Tea and coffee
making facilities (16 units available)
SINGLE SEA VIEW ROOM: early bird price 5800 US$ (full price 6600 USD)
Twin size bed; Shared bathroom and showers; Air conditioning; Electricity 220 V; Breathtaking
Sea view (7 unit left)
ZEN BAMBOO BUNGALOW: early bird price 4900 US$ (full price 5700 USD)
Very zen and natural atmosphere; Electricity 220 V; Private bathroom; Moskito net; Fan cooled
(5 unit left)
The Vikasa organic and raw food café will not disappoint either, with 4 international chefs participating in menu creation. The menu will consist of the freshest locally grown raw organic and lightly cooked vegetarian meals, with weekly local seafood days. The menu is designed to cleanse and facilitate detoxification on your body during the course, and to teach you about proper food habits and food combining.